The Resident Coordinator Office
The United Nations Resident Coordinator Office supports the work of the UN Resident Coordinator. The UN Resident Coordinator leads the UN country team in consultation with the Government to define and agree on the UN strategic response to the Government’s development priorities. This response is captured in the Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026.
The SPCF is a five-year plan and results framework that describes the collective vision and response of the UN system to national development priorities. The office coordinates activities related to common programming including Agenda 2030, joint programmes, joint programming activities and development coordination work. This is done in conformity with the objectives and priorities of the Government, and the mandates and objectives of the United Nations agencies.
The Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in Eritrea
Aeneas Chapinga Chuma
A national of Zimbabwe took up his role as the United Nations Acting Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Eritrea from 1st November 2022.
Mr. Chuma brings with him a wealth of development and leadership experience. Prior to this appointment, Mr Chuma served as Acting Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator of Ethiopia from 2018-2019.
Mr. Chuma has also served as the ILO Assistant Director-General and Regional Director for Africa from 2014 to 2017.
He also served as Assistant Secretary General and Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General for the United Nations Mission, the United Nations Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Liberia from 2012-2014.
Mr. Chuma also served as the UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Kenya from 2008 to 2012 and in Zambia from 2003 to 2008. From 2000 to 2003, he was the UN Deputy Resident Representative in Mozambique.
He also held various positions with the United Nations Development Programme in New York, Oman and Zimbabwe.
Mr. Chuma holds a master’s degree in applied economics from the University of California.
The Resident Coordinator's Team in Eritrea
- Aeneas Chuma - Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Jones Zulu- Acting Head of RCO / RCO Economist email@example.com
- Senait Tesfamicael - DCO Partnership and Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yohanes Tesfay- Communications Officer email@example.com
- Asmeret Yemane - Administrative Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Asfaha - Data Management and Result Monitoring & Reporting Officer email@example.com
- Elsa Musa - Executive Assistant to the RC firstname.lastname@example.org